How is the Global Accelerator managed?
The Global Accelerator hosts a Technical Support Facility (TSF) which will support the implementation of the initiative by bringing together national and international expertise from the UN system as well as development and financial partners. In addition, it will build on or complement the interagency work supported under the Joint SDG Fund to provide technical assistance to countries and facilitate their access to additional financial support, where appropriate.
The key functions of the TSF are:
- Overall planning, coordination, and oversight of the Global Accelerator activities
- Facilitating the engagement with the potential pathfinder countries, and coordinating technical support required
- Developing partnerships with agencies, development banks, and IFIs that wish to align their programmes to the Global Accelerator
- Elaborating and operationalizing the overall monitoring and evaluations (M&E) framework
- Conducting research on key emerging topics such as ensuring just transitions, developing the care economy, formalization, digitalization, and supporting countries to diagnose the needs and potential in line with the Global Accelerator`s objectives
- Carrying out communications and visibility efforts to sensitize and raise awareness surrounding the Global Accelerator
The TSF is made up of three components: